Windham NH Center
This photograph of Windham Center was taken from the Samuel Harris farm (Windham Village Green today) by William Austin Brooks between 1900 and 1902. He had rented Fairview cottage, on the shore of Cobbett’s Pond from the Harris family at the time. It is hard to imagine this beautiful scene where busy Route 111 is located today. The house to the right was owned by the Brown family for many years during the twentieth century but at the time it was known as Aunt Rufina’s place.