Cobbett’s Pond Road about 1910
This photograph was taken by Herbert Horne about 1910. It is a nice view of Cobbett’s Pond Road from the meadow near the flume on Cobbett’s Pond. The back of the “Red House,” which was a summer house of the Horne family, is to the far right. The house on the left would become the Burrell family summer home in 1915. The Gavin McAdams house was built around 1810 and is the property facing the photographer. The hill in the background is where Farrwood Road is today.