100 YEARS AGO IN WINDHAM
Julia Baker Remodels Pavilion into a Cottage on Cobbett’s Pond
May 18, 1917: Mrs. Julia Baker has had her old pavilion on the shore of Cobbett’s Pond (at the lower end) transformed by carpenter W.A. Kimball into a handsome and commodious cottage. We hear she will occupy this herself for the summer and rent her spacious farm mansion. This Eastern Illustrating photograph shows the pavilion after it was remodeled into a cottage. The picture below shows Mrs. Baker’s home on Range Road with a Cadillac in the front yard. The cottage is at the far right.