The Harris Homestead, Indian Rock Road, Windham NH
ABOVE: The Harris Family L. to R. John Worledge, Ella Harris Worledge, Sally Harris Cault, William S. Harris, Philena (Dinsmoor) Harris and William Harris.
The Harris Homestead was located on Indian Rock Road, where the “Village Green” center is located today. The home was slated to be a focal point of that development but that plan was discarded when the project was built. It had a beautiful location, sitting on a small hill overlooking the center of Windham. It was built about 1811, by the Rev. Samuel Harris, the minister of the Presbyterian Church. It remained in the Harris family until 1926. Photos from the William Brooks diary and other sources.
ABOVE AND BELOW: The William Brook’s family visit the Harris Family at the turn of the last century.
The view of the Center of Windham
The house next door that was later owned by the Brown family.
Visitors (The Brooks family) to the North Shore of Cobbett’s Pond owned by the Harris family.